Thursday, October 8, 2015

Moving on over...

Quite a while ago I bought a domain name.  I was planning on using it for my shops on one of those little shop building sites, but with James' arrival I haven't quite gotten the hang of working at night again (which is a first, since I didn't slow down with Patch or Maggie and had my shops up and running right after they were born).

Still I've wanted to get that .blogspot.com out of my blog address for quite a while, and so I'm finally making the move and moving my entire blog over to the address that I own.

If everything works out the way that it's supposed to, once I make the move the blog will be down for a day and then if you come to the old address it should automatically redirect you to the new one.

The blog's name isn't changing at the moment, but the new address is www.cammiediane.com .

Hopefully the transition goes smoothly and I don't delete the whole thing (I will definitely be backing it up again, just in case).

So if the blog is down for a day or two this weekend, you'll know why!

2 comments:

  1. Oh please let us know how difficult it is to move everything over to the new address. I decided about 9 months ago to change my blog's name and have my new address for it already but the thought of moving all of my blog posts gives me a headache and makes me not even want to blog at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      So I tried a few months ago and it was a disaster and after a few minutes of panicking because it looked like the whole blog was gone I cancelled the whole thing.

      This time I did it and it worked instantly and forwarded all the links to the same links at the new address. All I had to do was put it in the settings section to forward to the new google domain and it was done and was working within a minute. I don't know if they've changed the process or what, but I know that doing the same thing I did a few months ago the results were really different!

      Delete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!