Friday, August 21, 2015

The Laundry Can Wait

Today I'm blogging over at Nourish Motherhood!  This is a post I wrote this summer, right after Maggie's elopement.  
I'd been planning on writing something else entirely, had a page of notes and false starts, but after what happened it was all I could think of and so I finally gave in and spilled the thoughts that were swirling around in my head out on the paper:
Tonight I found myself sitting beside my three youngest children, one by one, as they drifted off to dream. My own eyes were already growing heavy as I watched their eyelids flutter and their little chests rise and fall. Time is running out until I’ll be climbing into bed, I thought to myself, but still I lingered at each bedside until each child’s breath grew steady.
Watching my children sleep isn’t an everyday hobby of mine. Usually I am too busy with a mental “To Do” list that I’ve been adding to all day knowing I can tackle it when everyone is tucked into their beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!