Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Biggest Words

She also loves these two
toy centipedes and made me look up
the names of centipede parts yesterday
because apparently "leg" and "head" weren't
scientific enough for her.
Maggie has started crying when Paul leaves for work.

Two days ago he walked out the back door and she burst into tears standing in the kitchen doorway.  It took me a few minutes to realize that I could make out what she was saying:

"Goobyiluvooogoobyiluvooogoodbyiluvooo" between sobbing breaths became "Goodbye.  I love you.  Goodbye.  I love you.  Goodbye.  I love you." as she managed to slow her words down a bit.

I turned from where I was trying to get James to sleep and said "Baby he just went to work. He's coming back.  He'll be home after work.  He always comes home."

It took about three seconds for the words to sink in.  She stopped crying almost instantly.  Then a little smile spread across her face before she went back to playing.

"Goodbye.  I love you."

She tells James she loves him several times over almost every day.  It's good to James.

And it's so sweet to hear those words that we once wondered if she would ever say.

"Happy."  Is my other favorite.  Sometimes she runs up to me, smiles and says "Happy.  Happy!" in her sweet little sing song voice before going back to playing.  

Happiness and love.

What more could I ask for!

2 comments:

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!