Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sadie's First Knit Hat

I'm very proud of Sadie's very first attempt at (loom) knitting a hat.  She's on a hat making quest and pretty much asks if she can knit every hour or so.  Yesterday she finished her first hat, which is part of a service project that her AHG troop is doing this year and will be going to a baby in foster care.

Last night when I left for the baptism prep class she was sitting on the couch in her pjs, busy working on her second hat.  The first one I helped set up on the loom and helped tie off.  The second one she set up herself and was off and going before I could put on boots and get out the door.

I have a feeling that her latest passion is going to put a major dent in my yarn stash (and I'm actually pretty excited about that because I have way too much yarn!).  And so, here's a picture of her very first hat! 


2 comments:

  1. yeah Sadie! tell her it looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie is well ahead of me with regard to knitting of any sort. Excellent!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!