Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Bedtime Conversation

Tonight after bedtime I peeked in to check on the girls and found Mae Bae with her feet towards her pillow and her head towards the bottom of the bed fast asleep... and Sadie, with the covers pulled up to her chin, looking at me.

Me:  "Hi honey.  I was just checking on you and closing the door so Patrick doesn't wake you up" (Mae had opened the door on the other side of the baby gate).  "Go to sleep and have sweet dreams."
Sadie:  "Mommy, when I grow up and marry Jesus, what will my dress look like?"
Me:  "I don't know sweetie."
Sadie:  "But what will it look like Mommy?  When I marry God?"
Me:  "Different orders have different habits.  Now it's time for sleep."
Sadie:  "Habits?"
Me:  "The outfits nuns wear.  Did you know there's even an order that wears pink?  If you want I can show you the picture on my computer in the morning."
Sadie:  "No.  Mine is going to be a brown dress.  With a black veil and a white cape."
Me:  "Okay.  Now go to sleep.  I love you."
Sadie:  "Goodnight Mommy."

This is what stalling to not go to sleep looks like in the little girls room...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cammie, I left a message for you on Face Book about this. I don't know whether you check those messages often or not, so thought I'd let you know.

    Jay Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I had to start googling...http://blog.farnboroughabbey.org/2011/03/07/our-carmelite-friends/
    No surprise - she wants to be a Carmelite like her favorite saint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... So adorable!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!