Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday: Super Mae Edition



--- 1 ---

Yesterday morning Sadie looked at me and said:  "Mommy am I exasperating?"

No idea where she picked up her latest vocabulary word, but it sure was funny to hear her say it!



--- 2 ---

I have been racing around making up orders and shipping and quilting.  I am going to be taking two weeks off after the craft fair, for my first time off in a year (does sewing in the car while driving cross country count?  Because that was the last time I "took time off" and I guess I was still hand sewing and knitting and needle felting pretty much non-stop).  My plan involves sleeping... and catching up on sleep... and maybe sleeping a little bit more.

You see, since all three kids are good sleepers, it's always tempting to tumble into bed when they go to bed at 7:30 and get a solid 12 hours of rest.  At least, it's tempting when I'm staying up until all hours obsessing over the number of quilts I've made and how many is "enough" for a craft fair that has an expected crowd of 60,000 people... which alternates between a panicked "what if I don't have enough quilts" (what a problem that would be!) and "what if none of the quilts sell at all!!!!"

Right now I have 22 quilts quilted.  In my fantasy world I make another 28 before the craft fair in mid-May.  I will be adding quilts to my shops when I get back from the two weeks off.

On the other hand, if you're planning any shopping, now is a good time to order, because I am finally catching up on the Easter headcovering rush that came in!

--- 3 ---

I think I've finally mastered buying apples for my apple devouring children.  At least I think I have.  I bought 24 large apples this past week.  Now, usually, they eat at least that many.  It's unbelievable.  Sometimes I run out on Wednesday and food shopping is on Friday and there are apple hysterics from the little one, because she neeeeeeeeeeeeds apples like they're some type of tiny toddler drug.  But, if I buy 5 lbs of oranges and give Sadie an orange a day (or two... or occasionally three or four), the apples actually last all the way until Friday.  And we had a few left over.  And I dried a few too.

Oh and Mae doesn't get oranges (as in, neither do I give them to her, nor does she understand that they are for eating).  She thinks oranges are for throwing on the floor and stomping.  So apples it is.

--- 4 ---

Yesterday after putting Mae to bed I found myself thinking:  "She had a good day today.  She acted like a tiny person and not like a little monster bent on destroying the word..."

--- 5 ---

Every time I see predictions of 70 degree temperatures on the news I'm instantly suspicious because right now in my mind 70 degrees means thunderstorm and water creeping across the basement floor.  We survived flooded box room #3 (it doesn't even phase me now, everything is out of the way).  And I'm wondering if the waters have fallen back below the water table for the rest of the spring season...

--- 6 ---

Mae already set off the security alarm this morning.  She didn't even press the button (which she actually hasn't done in weeks, thank goodness, now that I think about it).  She was jumping up and down in the living room and apparently it made the alarm system think someone was breaking into the house.  I guess that's what happens when you live with a two year old Super Girl.



--- 7 ---

And a formerly unpublished Patrick smile to brighten any day!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. I love that teddybear fabric in the picture of your quilt-in-progress. So cute. Good luck at the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Bountiful Baskets coop in your area? I get 40 lbs. of apples for around $25.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!