Monday, September 17, 2012

Cranberry Pork Chop Slow Cooker Recipe

Quick!

I need to write down this slow cooker recipe before I forget what I did.  Tonight's dinner was made in my triple slow cooker, using two of the stoneware cooking bowl inserts (they're smaller than most standard sized slow cookers since there are three of them).

5 pork chops
3 cans cranberry sauce
3 cups cranberry juice (1 cup separate)
1/2 cup sugar (you can use 1/4 if you don't have a super sweet tooth like I was having today!)
2 tbs dijon mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
5 tbs flour

Add 2 cups of cranberry juice, sauce, mustard, sugar and salt to the slow cooker and mix well.  Place pork chops in slow cooker and stir to cover.  Cook for 6 hours (the time is flexible!) on high.  Mix remaining cranberry juice with flour.  Stir well until flour is absorbed.  Add flour mixture to slow cooker and stir well.  Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high while sauce thickens.  

I served it with stuffing and corn and it was a big hit with the family!  The sauce is so tasty!

And I ended up freezing half of the batch for my just-starting-off-again freezer stash.  I'm hoping to have 20 meals ready to substitute in on days I don't feel like cooking when the baby arrives, and this is meal #1!  I'll defrost it a bit and toss it back in the slow cooker until it's hot and we'll have a cranberry pork dinner already made!

I wonder how it would be with orange juice.... I might just have to try that too!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of pork, (bacon and ham are from God, not a pig), but it is my husbands favorite food and living in the South, it is often the cheapest cut of meat at the store. I buy it, then "hide" it under a bunch of flavors, and this one is next on my list! :) It sounds really good.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!