Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---

No bear sightings this week. Yet. For the past month, whenever I lulled into a false sense of security by a full seven bear-less days, she pops back up with frightening proximity. So we’re due for another bear visit any day now.
--- 2 ---

While I was upstairs getting ready this morning, Nani heard Sadie’s announce: “Nani! Mae Bae has a frog!” Nani turned to find Mae Bae sitting on the ground, holding a frog in both hands.


 Tonight Sadie carried a spider over and tried to hand it to me. I have apparently not instilled an appropriate fear of creepy crawly things in my girls (okay, the frog is okay… but the spider… I shudder just to think about it).

--- 3 ---

I’ve ordered a new mouse, since, at the moment, my keyboard is working again. I’m hoping the mouse helps my computer limp through the next few months. I am leaning towards (stalking) the Apple website for refurbished laptops. I’m not taking this one in for repairs since every time I’ve brought a computer in to our store they basically tell me it’s time to toss a little dirt on the computer and buy a new one… I like the refurbished idea though. Hopefully this one will last for a few more months.

--- 4 ---

Mae Bae thinks she’s quite grown up now that she’s a big two year old. And she looked quite a bit older when she tried on the white dress I made her. I really wish I had made a pattern when I cut out this dress, because I’d love to make a dozen of these dresses. Maybe I can reproduce it:



--- 5 ---

It can be tough living with two princesses. Especially when the older princess not only has to change dresses fifteen times a day… she has to change hair-styles now as well. First she needs two buns. Then she needs one. Then she needs a Snow White bow. I feel like I’ve enrolled in beauty school.



--- 6 ---

I’ve never seen two girls who were so bad at a watermelon-eating contest. You would have thought they were being poisoned:




--- 7 ---

I just finished up a post for tomorrow about my political evolution, from a communist to a conservative. Because this:



used to be my favorite t-shirt…


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!