Monday, April 30, 2012

Four Pregnancies... Four Bumps...

One thing that happens as additional pregnancies come along, is that a woman's stomach muscles tend to give up the battle to stay put much, much more quickly.  And that's why, I just had to do this comparrision post, showing each of my pregnancies at 12 weeks.  

I remember taking this first picture (look, it's back when I wore jeans!  And I could fit into those jeans!) and I thought that I looked huge.  Really.  I clearly had no idea what "huge" was (I'd have a better idea right before I delivered a 9 lb baby, having had people ask if I was "almost done" since around 6 months because apparently I looked "ready to pop.").  So this is 12 weeks and pregnancy number 1.


During pregnancy #2 I did feel like I showed a lot earlier... and I do remember getting suspicious looks from little old ladies starting at around 7 weeks, so there much have been some truth to that... but I still think bump #2 looks way smaller at 12 weeks than bump #4 does.  I mean, I know this isn't the best picture (it just happens to be the one we took at 12 weeks) but I can hardly even see a bump!


Bump #3 was actually the largest of the bunch.  I'm not quite sure if that was a sign there was a problem or just how it turned out, but here's my last pregnancy at 12 weeks:


And lastly, the picture from my last post, Pregnancy #4 Bump at 12 weeks.  Strangely enough this bump does feel pretty tiny (I guess it's all relative at this point).  But this definitely shows the difference between a first and a fourth pregnancy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Cam. I love your comparison bump shots! I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

    I was tagged in a meme and thought you might enjoy it too as something you can do while on bed rest. I look forward to your post. I hope you are feeling better soon. If you're not up to posting, no worries. Just thought it might be fun. God Bless †

    http://www.havingleftthealtar.com/2012/04/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!