Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Big 3-0!

This picture was snapped a little over four years ago (give or take a season), when I was about eight weeks pregnant with Sadie, walking part of the Palm Sunday route on our pilgrimage to Israel.

Today, as we begin Holy Week (and I'm again eight weeks along), our family will be celebrating another kind-of big day (if I can pry Paul away from the paper he's been working on all week for more than five minutes)... It's a day that's always seemed so far off... a nebulous day drifting in the distant future...

I'm 30!

And no, this isn't an April Fools Day joke (and let's face it, if it was it would be a pretty lame joke).  You can imagine how much I love that particular "holiday."  Imagine being a little kid and having your birthday on April 1st... What would your friends decide was the best April Fools Day joke more often than not?  "Okay guys, let's pretend we don't remember it's her birthday... All day today!" which can be kind of rough when you're eight!

So I'm kind of excited that it falls on Palm Sunday this year, since that kind of blots out the April Fools Day-ish-ness out.  And I'm doubly happy that it's falling on a Sunday, because let's face it, it wouldn't be a blast to have your birthday on a Friday during Lent (or Holy Week!) and a Sunday makes it even more fun!

My main goal for the day (outside of making it to Mass in 54 minutes) includes, attaching a book shelf that I built yesterday to the wall before one of the girls (namely, Mae Bae) tries to climb it like a ladder.

I have to say I'm not all that sad (or sad at all) to see my 20s go!

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I'm also an April Fool's baby, although I'm 32 this year. Hope your birth day is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - for real :D
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter's 30th was last Friday, and thus was on a Friday in Lent (and not for the first time either as I recall). Mine is on the 25th so I missed the whole Friday thing, this year anyway.

    A very Happy Birthday, and a very blessed Palm Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! Welcome to the 30s! It's a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! My daughter was due on April 1st, and I admit I didn't want her born on that day for exactly the reasons you say. Turns out she was late being born and hasn't stopped being late at everything she does! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Cam! I know what you mean about leaving your 20's behimd. It's only about 9 months until I too will be leaving the 20's in my rear-view mirror. Have a great day and get Paul to do something great with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's wishing you a very happy and blessed birthday, Cam!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday,
    It's been great being 30, it seems like such a wonderful decade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday - my brother's also an AF Baby. No one believed my mom when she delivered him. Almost had to drive herself, but luckily my dad realized she wasn't kidding in time to get here there to start pushing. Ha ha.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 30???? That's it???? I think I have to Stop following now!!!! Just kidding! Enjoy your 30's. They are awesome. I should know bc I've been 39 for 3 years now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!