Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Surprise! A New Shop!


I guess I was inspired by yesterday's shop anniversary, because I decided to open a second shop with an idea that I've been working on for a while. Over the course of the past few days I'd finally began to put the plans of the past few months into action to make them a reality and now I have a second shop named... Sadie's Saints!

Sadie's Saints was inspired by Sadie's love for her little nun doll. I began searching for other saint dolls, but most that I found were either tiny, or wooden or expensive! And so I began cutting out patterns and experimenting with making simple, cuddly dolls.

Sadie's Saints is definitely an ongoing process and I'm sure the dolls with develop and change with time! But tonight I posted the first doll I am going to put up for sale on the site... And it is (of course!) the Virgin Mary.

I dressed her in cuddly blue fleece, with merino hair and a hand sewn face. She stands seven inches tall. Now for more sewing! I have work to do!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! And the price is pretty reasonable. I may order from you in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Can we make requests for the next dolls to come? I have some little girls here who would just love to start a collection of their favorite Saints. And I KNOW these will hold up a LOT better than the paper dolls that they like to make and play with. So excited for you and your new business endeavor! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!

    Have you checked out Saintly Silver? http://www.etsy.com/listing/59464206/our-lady-of-fatima-felt-saint-softie?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_type=all&ga_search_query=saintly+silver&ga_ref=addon&ga_facet=

    I've been wanting to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely idea. You are one talented and busy young lady; do you ever sleep? ;)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!