Sunday, April 24, 2011

Balsamic Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon

One of the things I love about having a blog is being able to use it as a sort of recipe book that I can access from anywhere that has internet. That is one of the things that inspires me to write down recipes that I discover/modify/make up. The recipe that inspired today's recipe was originally in All You Magazine (May Issue). But I didn't have all of the ingredients (and as many of you know I tend to be a rule breaker when it comes to following recipes/instructions anyways) and so my dish looks absolutely nothing like the one in the magazine (that's one of the things that happens when you switch white wine with balsamic vinaigrette... actually now that I count it I changed five of the nine ingredients in some way...). So here's my version of Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon (and I should note this is a new Paul Favorite... maybe I'll start a new category on my blog!):

1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 12 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained, and coarsely chopped
2 lemons (1 sliced, 1 chopped in half)
Thyme

In a bowl mix 2 Tbsp Salt, Pepper, and Lemon Pepper. Roll chicken in spices and then roll in flour until coated. Warm olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook for two minutes on one side and then turn and cook for two minutes on the other side (until chicken is browned).

Add balsamic vinaigrette and artichokes. Reduce head, cover and simmer until chicken is almost cooked, about 15 minutes. Squeeze halved lemon over chicken pieces. Scatter sliced lemon over chicken and cover and cook until chicken is done (about five more minutes). Transfer to a platter (or your plates!).

Stir thyme into sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if desired (I actually sprinkled the remaining herbs and spices directly onto the chicken after the sauce and it was great!). Pour over chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!