Monday, November 8, 2010

The Baby Weight Sage Continues: 4 Months Post Baby Bump!

Lately we’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to ride my exercise bike in weeks. And I really, really needed to be riding that bike because while I was baking for the craft fair last month I gained back a little of the baby weight that I had lost (eight pounds). However, all of the drama of the past weeks over our living situation has had one (and only one) positive aspect… the stress “helped” me take those extra lbs off plus 2 more. So I have now lost 30 lbs and have 15 more to go to be back to my pre-baby #2 weight.

Over the past few months there was one pair of shoes that I have had my eye on. Sketchers Shape Ups. Yet in my world there is absolutely no way that I am going to be plunking down a hundred dollars for a pair of shoes (shoes should not cost more than my exercise bike!), even if simply lacing those shoes onto my feet could make my body go back to pre-baby(s) condition.

I was very, very excited yesterday when I saw the Dankin version of the new rocker bottom shoes, the Danskin Now- Women’s Athena Rocker Bottom Toning Sneakers, at Walmart (where the picture above is from!). If you order them online they cost all of $18 with a $.97 shipping fee.

So far my legs feel fine (I was expecting excruciating tiredness). I do wonder if the lack of soreness is because my legs are used to carrying my own weight plus the weight of a 34 lbs toddler and an 18 lbs baby, so walking on rounded soles really isn’t that dramatically difficult (people don’t always realize how strong moms have to be!).

In my opinion they are very comfortable (something else that I wasn’t expecting at all!). And hopefully they’ll help me take off these last baby lbs!

A quick side note: The picture shows a dress Paul bought me for Mother’s Day this year. I finally fit it in for the first time today! I was actually pretty shocked when it zipped up easily! One little victory in the baby-weight battle!

5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in your dress! And congratulations on your weight loss!

    After this baby is born, I'm going to be working very hard to lose baby weight, too, and I'll be turning to your posts for inspiration, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great deal on the shoes! Please keep us updated on how they fare, I'm thinking about getting myself a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be interesting to see if you think the shoes help, as what I've read on them states that there isn't any real scientific reason they would help you loose weight or tone up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    I need to start working on my tummy.. but I'm afraid to lose any more weight, I do not want to be back to prepregnancy weight... is just not a good idea for me. But the tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes- my baby is almost 18 months old- time to start exercising this temple of the Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!