Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today's False Alarm

For a while today, we thought that little Maggie might be arriving!

It started this morning when I was having some "labor" like symptoms. Without getting into two many details I'll say that we thought that my water might have broken (last time when that happened the baby was so big that pretty much nothing came out) and after talking to the doctor she told us to come in to get checked.

To make a long story short I'm still at 2 cm, 80%, and they don't think my water broke (although I'm kind of wondering if it might be leaking?).

Tonight the contractions have really picked up and they feel a lot like they did right before I had Sadie. Maybe Paul will get his Fourth of July baby! I'd still like a little more time to get things done!

In other news, I was so busy rushing around packing things I'd forgotten and throwing laundry into the washer and dryer while I was waiting for the doctor to call, that I didn't make much time for eating or drinking and was a little dehydrated when I got to the hospital. Apparently I was having lots of little contractions that I couldn't even feel. So I was ordered to drink five 28 ounce glasses of water today... I'm on #4. I have a feeling that this may be a long night...

1 comment:

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!