Monday, November 30, 2009

Stacking Cups and Other Super Fun Games

I've been so exhausted lately that I've been having a tough time staying awake to post on this blog! It's something that I usually do right after Sadie's fallen asleep, right before my bedtime. Lately though, with the first trimester sleepiness, I've found my bedtime slowly creeping earlier and earlier. There is no way I'm going to make it through a television show that starts at 9pm and apparently 8pm is a little too late to start working on my blog without falling asleep on the keyboard. So today I'm starting a little bit earlier.

Sadie discovered the joys of "stacking" yesterday. We don't have any blocks, because every single set of blocks that I found in the stores say that they are for "3 and older" and Sadie thinks that her stacking rings make better bracelets than stackers. Last night though, she pulled out all of the toy measuring cups that came with her kitchen set and started stacking them. She added one of the teacups from her teacup set and thought that it was hilarious.

Grumpa added to the fun by bringing over three plastic milk glasses and the fun multiplied. Sadie was building towers. She would then carefully take each tower apart and try a different combination of cups to see which was the best. She'd frown when the cups fit together too well, because then the towers tended to be shorter and she was thrilled by the yellow cups that don't fit together as well, because they each add a good five inches to a tower.

She also loves to stand her Wonder Pet figurines in the cups and can spend a ridiculous amount of time holding perfectly still moving the Wonder Pets from cup to cup! I don't understand the rules of this particular game, but Sadie seems to think that it's a LOT of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!