Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What Did You Break, Sadie?!?!

Sadie and I were playing upstairs in the playroom at Nani and Grumpa's house when she started to flip through the pages of a board book that has poem prayers on the left hand side and puzzles on the right hand side. She's still much too little for the puzzles, so we've never taken them out of their spot in the book. I was sitting on the glider, knitting, when I noticed that Sadie was being particularly quiet. This is usually a sign that she is doing (or thinks that she is doing) something that she isn't supposed to do. I looked more closely to see what she could have possibly gotten into. She was sitting with her back to me, but I could see her reflection in the mirror on the closet doors. In her hand she had two puzzle pieces. The expression on her face was very serious. One puzzle piece was facing towards her, and the other was facing away and she was trying to force the pieces together. After watching her for a few seconds it was very clear what had happened. She seemed to think that she had "broken" the puzzle and she was trying to put it back together before I could see.

When I said her name she looked up with a huge smile (although I should note that she still kept her hands in front of her so that I couldn't see the puzzle piece). I tried to explain that it was a puzzle and then showed her how to put it back together so that it wouldn't look broken. She immediately lost interest (and worry) and was on to bigger and better things.

Funny Thing of The Day that Sadie Can Identify (by pointing): The Air Freshner Plug In in the bathroom. You say "where is the air freshner" and she can point to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!