Saturday, August 22, 2009

Outfit of the Week

My husband bought this dress for me for my birthday the week before I was confirmed in the Church. It fit perfectly at the time and I wore it for my confirmation (with a teal button up sweater). These days it fits somewhat less perfectly. A pregnancy and a fourteen months of nursing a baby have changed my body significantly. Even with the baby weight gone, it's not the same.

I'm not sure why I tried to squeeze into this dress the other day, because I was pretty sure that the zipper was not going to zip. I was surprised when it did. I did need to add a few pins to keep the dress in place (it kept slipping down, which was not the problem I was expecting to have with it). I added my pink maternity sweater (which has become so much more then a maternity sweater!) and voila, a new outfit from old clothes! Sadie is wearing Paul's favorite dress in this picture for his birthday (August 15th)! We've had a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!