Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Great Dress Experiment: The Result

When I started my Dress Experiment (wearing a dress every day for thirty days) I wasn't sure what the result would be, or even if there would be a result, other then sticking to something that might be kind of uncomfortable, for an entire month (like a shortened version of Lent). When I started the Experiment I was definitely still more comfortable in pants. I usually threw on a dress before we left the property, but at home I could usually be found in a skirt or dress.

For the first two weeks I was slightly inconvenienced, from time to time, by wearing a dress. I just wasn't totally comfortable. For the second half of the month I didn't notice the skirts. And then the experiment ended and I pulled my pants back out of the drawer...

...a couple of hours later I changed back into a skirt and put them back in the drawer. They had suddenly become hot and restrictive and more then a little annoying. I now feel more comfortable in a skirt. I guess what I feel comfortable in really does depend on what I'm used to.

I do pull my pants out each morning when I get filthy working with the horses. I wouldn't want to put any of my dresses through that kind of a workout!

1 comment:

  1. I found the same thing to be true when I started wearing skirts most of the time. At first, I felt uncomfortable because I wasn't being "held together" if you know what I mean. But now, I feel really constricted in pants. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!