Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adventures in Knitting

I've promised to upload pictures of the projects I've been working on for a while, and while I haven't pieced the teddy bear for Greg and Kerry's baby together yet, here are shots of the sweater I'm making (this is the back panel) and Sadie's Christmas Blanket. I am knitting like crazy and going into town tomorrow (3 hours round trip) to pick up more yarn (there's a sale at Michael's and I have a coupon!).

There are so many babies being born right now! I want to make at least one small thing for each one, so I've been mentally coming up with a list of babies (or their parents, since we don't have any names yet) and presents.
I'm trying to keep from getting ahead of myself. If I start thinking about all the baby presents I need to make I may start thinking about the Christmas presents that I should already have started on. And there is never any way that I will finish all the projects that I will come up with. I never do. I buy the wool. I have the best intentions. And then I end up with a handful of presents and a bunch of leftover wool (and a bunch of presents I need to rush out and buy). It's best to focus on the babies right now and not get ahead of myself. Here's what I need to knit/crochet in the coming days.

2 (and a half since the one isn't finished) teddy bears
2 baby blankets (one is already finished)
1 penguin (the theme of my new nephew (or nieces) bedroom)
3 sweaters (I just have a think for making maybe sweaters)

That ought to take up a bit of time (particularly if you add the sweater that I am determined to finish, the big girl baby blanket for Sadie, that looks like it could fit a queen sized bed, the sweater I would like to make Paul for Christmas, and the additional sweater I'd like to make Sadie). See now I've started making the Christmas list, which I promised not to. So I better stop now before I get carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!